UPSC NDA 2018: The National Defence Academy, Khadakwasla is the only room for the youth (after 10 + 2) to be trained for setting a career in Indian Army, Navy and Airforce as an officer. In NDA, all cadets trained together before joining the Indian defence services. The select the cadets for all the three sectors, Union Public Service Commission shapes an NDA exam two times in a year and a large number of applicants enrol for the test. The selection takes according to the number of vacancies advertisement declared for. All kind of NDA eligibility, registration, result etc. details are framed-up here on this page.
UPSC NDA 2018
The Foremost recruitment allotting body of India – UPSC will organise the NDA part 1 and part 2 exam in the month of April and September. These sessions are fixed following the UPSC NDA 2018 will also be conducted in the same sessions. NDA written exam 2018 is one of the 24 exams that UPSC will maintain in the upcoming year. After the selection, the aspirants then have to join the Academy in July (after part 1) and January (after part 2). There will be a training and parallel graduation for first three years and for the last one year, the cadets then got trained from IMA – Indian Military Academy.
Another opportunity that Defence Services offer to join as an officer is through the CDS Exam 2018. This exam is also conducted by the UPSC twice in a year. The candidates who are graduated only can apply for the process.
UPSC NDA Notification 2018
Around three or four months before the examination of every session, authority issues the notification to acquaint the candidates going to appear for the test about all the information. The NDA 1 notification 2018 will be made available on 10th January and for the 2nd concourse, it will be issued on 6th June 2018. The commission heads make is convenient to download from the official website of UPSC NDA 2018 www.upsc.gov.in free of cost. The notification will be published in the PDF format. The detailed schedule for all the proceedings of the exam is equipped in the notification which will definitely assist contestants to plan their studies accordingly.
The administrators with the release of the notification advise aspirants to read it carefully as it contains the smallest to the largest portion information of the exam so that misguidance will not create a problem in the future. The facility to download the notification will be affirmed here on our portal.
UPSC NDA Application Form 2018
Do you want to appear in the NDA I and II exam 2018?. If yes, then you have to apply online first. The board offers an easier registration procedure for UPSC NDA 2018. A contestant can register himself through online mode only. No other mode of apply online has not been granted by the officials. The NDA 1 application form 2018 submission program begins on the same day of publishing the notification whether its the sitting 1 or 2.
How to Apply?
- In the beginning, an applicant (if new) has to register itself by entering the required details like name, email id, contact number etc.
- After the registration, there will be an allotment of a password which will help candidates to log in to their profile.
- Then enter username and password to log in.
- Now, click on the apply now section and move to the next page.
- Fill all the demanded specifications – Name, father’s name (all personal details), qualifications etc.
- Along with this, a candidate has to upload a scanned image of signature and photograph.
- When this completed, then the turn comes of the fee payment (specifics for which are given below).
- Later on, print the application form for future preferences and all are advised to check the UPSC NDA 2018 Application Form Status regularly.
Registration Fee Structure
There is a solidified amount of fees that every candidate has to pay to finish the registration (condition: Wards of JCOs/ NCOs/ ORs and the aspirants belonging to the Schedule Caste/ Schedule Tribs category are exempted from the fee). Rs 100/- (registration fee) can be paid through the online as well as offline mode. In online payment, the fee can be submitted through credit/ debit card/ net banking and in offline, can be paid through e-challan of any of the branch of State Bank of India.
UPSC NDA Eligibility 2018
To register online, a candidate has to be eligible first. Otherwise, the application form may be rejected. There are determined NDA 1 Eligibility 2018 norms and a candidate has to be suitable according to them. Check here the criteria for UPSC NDA 2018:
- Physical Standards: An aspirant must be medically fit as per the circumstances of the NDA & NA examination.
- Nationality: An Indian origin person who has immigrated from East African Countries of Kenya, Zaire, Malawi, the United Republic of Tanzania, Uganda, Ethiopia and Zambia, or Vietnam, Burma, Pakistan and Sri Lanka with the plan of lastingly settling in India is eligible. A candidate must be a citizen of India, a subject of Bhutan or Nepal. A Tibetan refugee who came over to India with the purpose of permanently settling in India before the 1st January 1962.
- Age Limit: An applicant must have born between 2nd July 1999 to 1st July 2002 for NDA I exam 2018 and between 2nd January 2000 to 1st July 2003 for UPSC NDA 2018 II. The only Male, unmarried candidates can apply.
- Educational Qualification: For Air Force and Navy and 10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme at Indian Naval – must be passed 10 + 2 or an equivalent standard from a genuine board with mathematics and physics as compulsory subjects. For Army: must be cleared 10 + 2 or equivalent from a recognised board.
NDA Exam Pattern 2018
The UPSC NDA 2018 exam is a pen and paper-based test which is divided into two sections – one for mathematics and the another for GAT (General Ability Test). There are only objective type questions which subsists four options and an examinee has to choose one. As per the NDA Exam Pattern 2018 scheme, there would be negative marking for wrong answers. The question paper can be answered in two languages – English and Hindi (as per the choice filled in the registration form). A 150 minutes duration is given for each section.
|Duration||2 + 1/2 hours||same|
UPSC NDA Exam Syllabus 2018
Here is a prescribed syllabus for the UPSC NDA 2018 examination according to which an aspirant has to prepare for. The questions in the exam will be asked from the syllabus displayed by the UPSC. The mathematics syllabus includes the almost syllabus from 9th, 10th, 11th and 12th class. The General Ability Test will be divided into two sections – English and General Knowledge. GK includes the current affairs, geography, some parts of history etc. Read the details of the whole syllabus from the given link.
NDA Question Paper 2018
The NDA Question Paper 2018 (sample papers) can be downloaded from the forum. The sample papers give a complete idea for the question paper – how the department will set the questions, how to attempt the question, easiest way to solve them etc. For the UPSC NDA 2018 test practice, candidates can use the previous year question papers as well. As a preparation trick, a candidate has to first utilise the solved sample and old papers so that question type can be estimated. After going through the solved, shift on unsolved and try to solve them which will boost the preparation level.
NDA Admit Card 2018
Before the examination, UPSC publishes NDA Admit Card 2018 to allot aspirants the roll number for the test. National Defence Academy Exam admit card comprises of other important details also – name, signature, exam centre, reporting time, some instructions etc. According to instructions, a contender must have to bear the admit card on the exam day. Otherwise, the exam conducting heads will then stop a candidate without hall ticket to enter in the exam centre. Admit card will be revealed within the two or three before the examination. UPSC NDA 2018 Hall ticket can be downloaded from the official web portal of Union Public Service Commission – www.upsc.gov.in.
Any type of special signs or writing something on the hall ticket is not allowed. Examinees should report to the centre 30 minutes to avoid any type of difficulties. Candidates must bring a photo ID proof at the exam centre (compulsory for all).
NDA Answer Key 2018
Question Paper solution code wise after the examination is called the answer key which shows the answers for the questions. There are two types of answer keys – official and unofficial. UPSC releases the official NDA answer key 2018 after an interval of time. At first, there will be a provisional key which is subjected to change if there will be a correct objection from a candidate. After an UPSC NDA 2018 exact date, the authority publishes the final answer key. There are many coaching institutes which release paper solutions (unofficial) like Resonance, Aakash, cavalier institute etc. The paper solutions will be circulated through the web portal in PDF format.
UPSC NDA Result 2018
The NDA 2018 Result for the written examination will be uncovered after one month. The result will be broadcasted on the online platform of the Union Public Service Commission. The result is a PDF file that displays the roll number and names of the shortlisted aspirants. The elected contestants then have to appear for the interview.
UPSC NDA Cut Off 2018
To clear any examination, an examinee has to score above marks than the cutoff and the same fact applies here for NDA 1 cut off 2018. It depends on the organising body to mark a line of cut off marks but the minimum qualifying marks depend on various points – the number of aspirants applied for the entrance examination, number of seats etc. It is reported that there is an increase in the number of candidates appearing for the UPSC NDA 2018 examination and are expected to raise in UPSC NDA 2018 as well which will obviously affect the cutoff.
NDA Merit List 2018
On the basis of the number of aspirants who cleared the test and crossed the line of cut off, the UPSC develops a merit list. The NDA merit list will be distributed one month later from the written examination. Nominees appear in the interview as per the merit list. Once the interview is completed, the UPSC will unveil a final merit list for the selected cadets who have cleared the UPSC NDA 2018. Written exam selection list can be downloaded in the PDF format.
National Defence Academy Selection Procedure 2018
There are two stages for the UPSC NDA 2018. The first one is written the examination and the second is SSB interview (services selection board). The written examination will be organised on the basis of the fixed syllabus and pattern. For a further stepping into the interview, an aspirant must have to clear the written examination. Candidates who will be shortlisted after the NDA exam 2018 on the basis of the result will be then designated to call for the interview. A call letter will be assigned which comprises of the time and venue to reach the centre for SSB. Then the selected candidates will be then called to join the National Defence Academy.
UPSC NDA SSB Interview 2018
The SSB interview is apportioned in two parts. The section one comprises of PP & DT (Picture Perception & Description Test) and OIR [Officer Intelligence Rating]. The portion two subsists of Psychology Tests, Group Testing Officer Tasks (GTO Tasks), Interview & Conference. Interviewees must bring the required documents which will be verified later. Opted aspirants then assigned for medical verification.
NDA Exam Preparation Tips
Each and every candidate want some tips and tricks to crack the UPSC NDA 2018 examination.
- The first thing is, stay updated with every kind of latest news regarding the examination which is necessary so that you will not miss any part of the test.
- Now, do you have a proper time management?. To crack an exam you must study for long hours which requires a plan. Plan your studies in such a way that you can give equal time to all the subjects don’t waste time.
- Don’t leave a single topic of any subject, go for all the topics included in the NDA 2018 syllabus.
- Before buying the books for National Defence Academy entrance examination, ask your teachers and another person who has some experience with best books.
- After completing the syllabus, start solving the NDA question papers, sample papers etc. for more practice.
- Do regular meditation and stay healthy.